Scott Estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreaming Big ~ Living Life To The Fullest

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April Fools Gift

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
April Fools Gift - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200/200April Fools Gift - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)
Health:
April Fools Gift - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200/200April Fools Gift - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

April Fools Gift - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 am

Narrator..........

Babes knees become weak as she listens to Thomas and watches both men expression. Thomas tries to assure her that everything will be alright and that she should rest for it will be several hours before he returns. Thomas leads Babe into the living,room helping her onto the couch having her lay down then pulls a cover over her. He then tends to the fire making sure it's a flame before he and Jacob head out. Babe speaks up telling Thomas to take food and hot drinks for the men. Thomas agrees to do so, before heading out he takes Babe a cup of hot tea and a sandwich then summons Anna to be ready in case she may need her. As he leaves back through the kitchen he gathers up the meat, cheese and bread making sure to take several jugs of hot tea.

The two men head out to the barn with the wind whipping up around them with the snow slamming against them. They know this is going to be a long tiring haul, but they aren't ones to give up when one is in need. And if this man is Malion, Thomas would go through fire to save him. The men reach the barn after several minutes they work simultaneously getting the things. Thomas readies the Donkey so that it will carry the supplies and then to pull the man out of the hole to safety. The wind whips the barn door open almost pulling it off it's hinges. Thomas scrambles through the long barn to get to the doors. As he reaches the doors the brings her fury slamming him against the ground. Jacob hears Thomas groan, Jacob tosses down his items goes running to help his friend. As he reaches him, Thomas mutters I'm okay just took me by surprise.

Thomas isn't a frail man, he stands a good six feet ten inches high, he's build shows that he's a man of work ethic. His eyes are as blue as the sky, his hair a brilliant red that caresses the top of his shoulders, his skin darken from the sun and his heritage.

The two men struggle to pull the two massive wooden doors closed. As they bring down the iron rod they hear a lamb crying out from outside with the Ewe romping in her stall . Thomas scans the area to find which lamb is missing when he sees that it's the one that was born yesterday. His heart sinks knowing that this lamb won't make it in these conditions, that he must move quickly if there is any chance for her. He raises the rod in the air clicking it into position, puts his body against the door pushing with all his might. The door won't budge, Jacob moves over leaning his shoulder against the wooden door. The door slides open enough for Thomas to slip through. As Thomas defies the storm, listening and looking for the lamb Jacob mans the door.

They leave the barn fully stocked begin heading to the mine shaft. As they reach the snow covered path they sink deep into the snow with it coming up to their waist. Thomas looks to Jacob telling him this going to be fun then he instructs him to take a firm hold on the rope around the donkey.

After the two are pulled from the depth of the snow they both grab their respective snowshoes hanging on the side of the donkey. ????????????????????????????????????

Thomas and Jacob reach the site they find that the men have lowered lanterns into the hole attempting to thaw the ice and snow. With the some of the ice and snow decreasing upon the frigid body they can see that the persons breathing is labored. They're grateful that the person is alive still they wonder what kind of shape he must be in as they move back away from the pit. Thomas and Jacob make their way to the donkey untying the made shift sleigh, laying it a couple feet from the hole laying blankets over the top then flipping it over cover the bottom with snow as Thomas directions Phillip to get a pot of water on the fire.

Thomas and Jacob continue to pack snow on the bottom of the sleigh when Eric walks up beside the two men asking if they had brought rope that he would propel down into the pit begin preparing the man and check on his vitals. Thomas tells him that the rope is on the opposite of the donkey and that there is a hook for him to gather it too.

Eric moves to the donkey stepping carefully so not to frighten the animal as he approaches. He takes hold of the harness as he runs his other hand down the animal ease him as he moves his body around the animal. Sliding his hands up to the saddle with his hand cold he struggle to untie the small rope that holds the main rope secured to the animal. He pulls the rope up his arm anchoring it upon his shoulder as he begins undoing the rope holding the hook in place he scans the area for a large tree.

Back to top Go down
https://scott-estate.forumotion.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:41 am

Narrator....

Thomas and Jacob finish packing snow upon the made-shift sleigh then move over to the hole trying to figure out the best way to descend and bring the male subject up without further damage to him. To their delight the man in the hole mewls lowly.

After securing the rope to a large Burch, Eric brings the unsecured end of the rope over to the edge of the pit. Phillip walks up volunteering to go into the pit to retrieve the man. Thomas agrees this would be a good idea then suggest that two men go into the pit while the rest shall stay above to lift him to safety.

With Phillip begin a medic they decide it's wise that he is the first to be lowered to assess the mans condition. Eric makes a solid loop in the rope Phillip places his left foot into it as he begins his descend. As the men lower him into the pit his hands grace the wall of the hole causing loose dirt and pebbles to fall. He yells back up telling the men to go slowly for there quick release is causing him to bang against the wall.

Phillips right foot touches the ground he slips his other foot out of the loop, tugs on the rope to let them know he has reached the bottom. He moves over to the man checking on his condition, after several minutes he yells up for his bag in addition for them to send down blankets, rope, branches and twigs. He feverishly works on the man as others begin lowering Robert into the pit to help prepare the man for transportation out.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:03 am

I yell down to Phillip telling him: "We packed wood and bamboo planks". Before stepping away to gather the items I wait for Phillip to reply. Seeing him nod I slide off my snowshoes go to the donkey gather the items and head back to the edge of the hole tying the rope around the bundles then lower them down.

As I begin to lower the items notice that the lanterns are flickering showing that they are running out of fuel. Knowing I hadn't packed any additional fuel and thus the urgency has increased to get this man and my friends out of the pit before they go out completely.

I mentally deliberate rather to make torches not wanting to withdraw all the air that is within the cave. I move over to the woods gathering vine and branches begin making the torches figuring if I anchor them around the edge of the pit this might give sufficient light.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:55 pm

Narrator....

Phillip takes his dagger cuts one of the blankets into strips than carefully wraps the mans head leaving his air ways exposed along with his eyes. Robert takes the bundles of wood unwrapping them, he then separates the bamboo from the other wood. He takes the wood making a gurney as Phillip moves over laying the bamboo to the opposite side of the man
while Robert finishes making the stretcher. Phillip tells Robert they will roll the man toward him and thus he should slide the gurney under him till it reaches the bamboo.

The two men take a deep breath exhaling slowly as there eyes connect preparing to move this man. Phillip extends his long arms over the mans body placing his hands firmly upon his side with his fingers touching the mans flesh. Without saying a word the two work simultaneously, Phillip slowly rolls the man toward him as Roberts edges the gurney under. The man moans as he is moved then lowered onto the gurney. The men slide several of the long strips of blanket under and over the gurney tying them off securing him into place.

Roberts stands reaching up for the rope that is hanging down the same in which they used to get into the pit now will use to remove the man and eventually themselves. He yells up telling them to give some slack in the ropes for they are ready to tie them to the gurney. He pulls the rope over to the gurney tying it to the ends, the two men stare at each other nodding to begin.

Robert bellows that they are ready, both men take a firm hold of the gurney raising it slight as Thomas, Jacob and Eric begin pulling the on the rope raising the man slowly. As they continue to pull the man out of the hole Phillip and Robert guide the stretcher as far as they can reach, they watch as he reaches the top. The lanterns go out leaving them in almost total darkness with barely enough light being reflected into the hole to see their hands in front of their faces. The two of them stay put waiting for the rope to be sent back down.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Narrator....

They get the man safely on solid ground moving him clear of the pit than they lower the rope back into the cave to retrieve Phillip and Robert. With the torches flickering lower they know that time is running out and that they must move quickly. Eric lowers the rope till it reaches the end for he knows that they can't see it however with it fully extended he is hoping that just maybe it will land correctly with it touching at least one of them.

The cave floor is slipper with the snow sloshing under their chilled feet as the rope graces the top of Phillips head. He reaches up taking a firm hold of it calling Robert to come telling him to go first since they may need him. Robert agrees to go first as he steps toward Phillips voice his right foot sinks deep into the soften floor with him sinking quickly to his knees. He yells out to Phillip to help him while telling him not to move however to extend his hands, for him to keep his back against the cave wall.

Phillip leans his upper body forward while keeping his lower half firmly against the wall planting his feet securely to the floor of the cave as his hands search in the darkness for Robert. As his hands flounder in the darkness Robert yells out telling Phillip to hurry that he's sinking further as he has sunken to his knees. Phillip moves one back undoing his belt bringing it back to where his other hand is located touching Roberts shoulder.

He lowers the belt down wrapping it around Robert's torso clipping it into the place he tells Robert to hang on this might hurt. He gives out a mighty roar as he pulls on the belt edging Robert from the pit. As Roberts lower berth of his body emerges Phillip instructs him to take a hold of the rope that leads out of the cave. While Phillip frees Robert he feels the floor beneath him begin to give way thus he doesn't let on as he wishes his friend to get to safety.

Phillip secures the rope around Robert telling him to go as his feet begin to sink. As he releases his hold on Robert, with Robert being pulled out he places his hands against the jagged cave wall trying to find a ledge. The men up top scurry to pull Robert up the cave with his
body banging against the cave wall sending rocks and dirt flowing down. Phillip attempts to dodge the crashing rocks as he judges their direction of descent. He is covered in dust and has been hit several times in the head with some of the detritus

With Robert safe on land he informs the men that the cave floor is giving way that they must hurry in order to get Phillip out safely. Eric, Thomas and Robert move speedily undoing the rope around Robert sending the rope back into the pit. Thomas tells Phillip the rope has been sent down to reach for it they will pull him out. Thomas searches for several minutes for the rope, his finger tips touch the end of it, he informs them that the rope isn't long enough.

Thomas yells down telling him to hold on that they will get more rope. Phillip responds by telling them to wait he has an idea. Phillip grips a ledge pushing downward on his hands while pulling his body upward. He frees his feet from the muddy ground sliding them against the wall with all his might he tries to edge his body upward, his soaked muddy shoes slip on the wall.

Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:57 pm

After ten minutes pass I know that too much time has passed and thus I must make a decision I yell down: Phillip we have the extra rope let us bring this one up tying the two together, you can't possibly sustain much longer.

With my heart racing my brow moist I don't wait for Phillip to reply as I take wrap the rope around my wrist and hand giving it a good rank. The rope comes flying out of the hole over my head, I pull the rope end to me knotting the two ropes together. As I am knotting them I dilemma if I should send the ropes down or propel into the pit to get Phillip. I'll be damn if I'll allow my friend to die in this manner or in this cause of helping another out.

Without thinking twice I tie the rope around my waist leap of the edge descend into the cave. I'm hoping the knots hold if not I will meet my demise right quickly. As my body slams against the jagged walk I'm relieved to find that the knot held as I sigh out in relief. In complete darkness I tell Phillip to speak so that I may follow his voice.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:58 am

Narrator......

The walls of the cave begin to crumble as Thomas flings himself across the way reaching out trying to find Phillip. His body continues to slam against the jagged wall causing more rocks and dust to fall. The sound of his grunting and the rocks splashing rings out. Eric and William move over to the pit trying to see what is going on as they listen closely.

The men know they must get out sooner than later as the cave gives way, they know there isn't going be a later. Phillip repeats here so Thomas will have a better chance of following his voice. His voice echos within the cave leaving Thomas to swing in the wrong direction.

With each miss swing Thomas's body is being battered against the jagged walls. He knows he mustn't give up as Phillips voice alters to keep the reverberant to a minimum. Thomas swings once again slamming into the wall next to Phillip, he feels Phillips hand touch his side.

Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:40 pm

I feel Phillips hand touch my side, my hands leaving the wall as I move closer to him checking on his status while I tell him to wrap his legs around mine. I can feel his entire body is soaking wet although I am not sure if it's from the snow or something else. Move my body in front of his with his legs secure around my mid waist, slide my hands down behind his back taking a firm hold on his shirt as I tell him to move his hands around my torso.

With out bodies entwined I begin propelling out of the cave my clothing becoming damp from his. My hands slipping from the moisture with each grip of the rope. My legs gripping the rope the best they can while my thigh muscles help hold Phillip against me. The climb is a mere several feet however it feels more like miles at this point.

With my feet walking the wall as I pull us up toward the opening of the pit, rocks and debris descent the cave. Burning in my legs and arms is apparent as my head leaves the cave and I yell at the others to come help.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
Health:

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:34 pm

Narrator...
As Thomas battles the elements within the cave, his feet slipping along with his body tiring from the climb and his injuries. As Thomas reaches the top of the cave the wind spurts across the darken sky leaving all in it's path a solid white. Eric. William and Jacob come over, taking a hold of the rope their feet try digging into the solid ground for leverage.

Thomas struggles to maintain his stanch he has no choice but to loosen one hand from Phillip his hand slowly releases. He fingers bloody and aching they move to the earth with him taking a mighty grip.

The men battle to pull them from within their hands tight about the rope their feet firmly planted as they tug moving the rope inch by inch. Their feet slip on the snow covered ground their bodies worn. With the light slipping and the temperature plunging their effects become an endeavor of willpower and determination.

Thomas pulling himself further out of the hole with the help of the others, as Phillip clings loosely to him. His hands are soaked with blood as they grips the ground his fingers curled diving deep within the fridge earth. Both men are totally exhausted as they are pulled upward.

As they move the exhausted men over by the fire it's relevant that they both have extensive injuries. Thomas, without thought or consideration for his own injuries insist that they tend to Phillip first for his injuries are much more relevant/worse then his own. Thomas knows that his pain is intense however what he doesn't know is how panoptic they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   April Fools Gift - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

April Fools Gift
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scott Estate :: Births ~ Celebrations :: New Life-
Jump to: