Dreaming Big ~ Living Life To The Fullest

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:51 pm

post by Malion
ooc: This is an open rp, anyone can join in. Smile/ooc

He had arrived in Gloucester five days ago. His first act as a citizen of Gloucester was not building a house, as you would expect. His first act was to...build a sailboat. Yes I know, very strange. But that is the way it was with him, he sailed, ate, drank, and slept; in that order. In fact, if he had the choice, he wouldn't sleep at all. You could tell he had been sailing long because of his powerful body. He was not a tall man, only 5'10" in height, but his muscles made up for his height. He had been through many storms in his lifetime; a strong body is a must for any sailor. He had light brown hair, almost blond but not quite blond. The length of his hair couldn't be discerned because of the handkerchief he always wore on his forehead. His steely grey eyes could see a storm long before anyone else's could. His face was unmistakable because of a large scar running from his right eyebrow, across his nose, and down to the left side of his mouth. To the eyes of most men, who don't look past a persons face, the man looked like a ruffian of some sort. But if you were to look closer, into his heart, you would see a man who would give his life for another’s life. You would see his kindness, his gentleness, and his love for all mankind; young and old, tall and short, fat and skinny, kind and unkind, friend and enemy. You would see that under the scar, was a man worth knowing. Under his eyes was a mouth that could cause sunshine with its crooked smile or cause thunderstorms with its frown. His head was on a pair of shoulders strengthened by much lifting. His arms and hands were weathered by many a day of hard work under the hot sun. His legs were just as strong as the rest of his body. You might think with all that strength, he has no weaknesses. Every man has a weakness, whether it shows on the outside or it doesn't; such is the case with our friend. What is this mans weaknesses? Watch and you shall see. Test him and you shall know his weaknesses.

You ask me about his past? His past is like a weed. It grew large and then died, but it spread its seeds everywhere. For a while the seeds stayed as they were, but now they are beginning to grow. You see, his past did not begin in a town called Preston, as you might think. It began many years ago, 21 to be exact. You have probably assumed that his past began on a ship. You would be correct with that assumption.

But enough with his past; we shall see more of it later. We will now join our friend, Malion, at his makeshift house beside the river.

Thunder crashed, lightning raced, and rain poured on this the third night of his life in Gloucester. As he huddled under his blanket trying to stay warm, he scolded himself for not building a better house. Instead of building a better house he had been sailing on the lake all day. He gritted his teeth, All I had to do was stop for a couple of hours and I wouldn't be out here, freezing to death. Even though he scolded himself roundly, he knew he couldn't have stopped that day. Every aspect of the day had been perfect, until that night.

The next morning he woke up very late, as usual. He had a tendency to be very lazy, even in the best of circumstances. He blinked at the sunlight coming through the branches of a large oak tree. He slowly got up and took his shirt off. Then, yelling loudly, he sprinted to the river and dove in. When he came back to the surface he smiled, Ahh, this is the life! He swam toward the shore and went back to his camp.

Thirty minutes later he set about building a house. But this sort of thing was not for him. He was like a fish on land when it came to building houses. First he drew out a plan of what he would like his house to look like. Now, writing and building are two completely different things, as he would tell you. The house was to have a large room for him, a smaller room for guests, a kitchen, and a room where he could eat and enterain guests.

Malion worked all day on the house. At dusk he stood back and looked at his handiwork. One broken fingernail, two swollen fingers, one stubbed toe, four splinters, and several bruises at numerous parts on my body. Not to bad. He walked back to the road and looked his other handiwork. A little shabby, but it works for me. Though if I ever get married, I would be in trouble. After admiring his house for a while he walked inside and went to bed on the hard floor.

Over the next few days he sailed, worked on furnishing his house, and sailed some more. He also found that the taverns in Gloucester were outstanding in their service and entertainment. Those were happy days for him, some of the happiest of his life.

A couple days later, Malion walked through the town getting acquainted with all the streets of the town. There was no wind that day so he decided to go and see more of the town. As he strolled past the local bakery he saw a boy standing outside the door acting very strangely. The boy had dirty blond hair and was extremely skinny. He held a small bag over his shoulder and his clothes were in rags. As Malion watched the boy he slowly began to realize what he was doing. The boy had stealthily gone in, taken a loaf of bread, came back out, and then when he tried to run from the bakery he ran right into Malion. The boy was so startled that he dropped the bread. Malion caught the bread and held it where the boy couldn't get to it. He grabbed the boys hand and smiled, Where'd you get this?The boy struggled to get free, None o' your business, mister. The boy stops struggling when he see that it would never work. I'll let you go as long as you promise not to run away. Ok? The boy looked up to Malions face with dark brown eyes, he nodded slowly. Malion dropped the boys hand and then questioned him again, You realize you could get in big trouble for what you just did? Malion frowned, You look like you're hungry. Do you live around here? Where are your parents? The boy slowly shook his head, They're dead. Malion looked at the boy with pity. I'm sorry; I know what it feels like. Mine are dead too. Hmm, here's the deal I'll buy you some bread if you'll personally apologize to the baker and come to my house. The boy looked at Malion suspiciously. Malion laughed, Don't worry. I don't bite. Deal? Sticks his hand out to shake the boys. Deal. Malion smiled then said, By the way, my name is Malion. What's yours? The boy looked up, Lemuel, mostly just Lem. Malion chuckles, All right Lem. You can call me Mal, if you want. On to the bakery!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scott-estate.forumotion.net
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Madrugada post:

Madrugada is all busy baking again, when she hears a knock on the door. She claps her hands so as to get rid of the excess flour, and heads for the door, expecting to see Archy, Silver or some other neighbor.
She opens the door and instead she sees the young lad who recently moved to GC, and whom she met a few days ago, in the Wagon, and a skinny boy holding a loaf of bread.

Well, good day... Malion, isn't it? Good to see you again! How can I help you?
Upon saying this, she turns to the boy. And who might you be? Haven't seen you around...

She turns to Mal again... Wait, he can't be your son, right? you are too young to have a grown son!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:57 pm

post by Malion
Malion smiled, Hi. Yes it's Malion. Mady right? I have a friend here who needs to talk to you. Lem looks up to Mady then drops his head and mumbles something. Malion chuckled, No he's someone I met a few minutes ago. His name is Lemuel. Lem for short. He has something to say. Malion nudges Lem, Go on. Lem looks up again and holds the bread out to Mady, I stole this from you. I'm sorry, will you forgive me? Lem had such a pitiful look on his face that Malion had to put his hand over his mouth. Malion pulls out his money bag, I'll pay for it, How much?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:40 pm

post by Malion

Malion smiled, Hi. Yes it's Malion. Mady right? I have a friend here who needs to talk to you. Lem looks up to Mady then drops his head and mumbles something. Malion chuckled, No he's someone I met a few minutes ago. His name is Lemuel. Lem for short. He has something to say. Malion nudges Lem, Go on. Lem looks up again and holds the bread out to Mady, I stole this from you. I'm sorry, will you forgive me? Lem had such a pitiful look on his face that Malion had to put his hand over his mouth. Malion pulls out his money bag, I'll pay for it, How much?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:41 pm

Madrugada post:

Upon hearing Mal's words, Mady looks back to the boy with her velvet brown eyes. Seeing his pitiful look, she hides a smile, but as she notices how skinny Lem looks, she gets a hold of Mal's hand, as he reaches for his money bag, and stops him.
Mal, money is not an issue... She turns to Lem, and fondly smiles at him, taking his skinny hand into hers. Lem, the important thing is for you to understand you have done something wrong. I am sure you realize that now, so I have a proposal for you. She smiles, still holding the boy's hand. What do you say you help me clean around this mess a bit? I have been baking for days and haven't had the time to clean up the bakery. Then once we are finished, we can sit down for a nice meal, would you like that?

She then turns to Malion, still smiling. Mal, you are most welcome to join us for lunch, I have some fine meat Thefurnace sold me, and fresh veggies from my field, and I have just put a nice cake to be baked along with today's bread.
Releasing the boy's hand, she stands before them, fists on the waist. So what do you gentlemen think? Do we have a deal?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Malion smiles at her kindness, All right. If you say so. He takes his hand off of his money bag. Meanwhile Lem watched Mady warily as she took his hand. He stared at her hand and his for a moment then looked up at Mady. He smiled at her when she mentioned helping clean up. He nodded his head furiously. He then looked up to Malion as if to ask for permission. By then Malion couldn't hold in his laughter any longer. It's fine by me. He turns to Mady, As long as your sure. I could help too if you wanted. He chuckles, We could get it all cleaned up in no time at all. So, where do we begin?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Mady grins at Malion, when she hears his offer to help her clean. Well, with two men on the job, this must be my lucky day! So let's see... Lem, you start with sweeping the floor, and dusting around a little, as you can see everything is covered in flour! Mal, with your strength, I am sure you could help me rearrange those wood bushels by the fire, and get those other bushels inside, I fear that it may rain...
Smiling happily, she rolls up her sleeves. So, shall we get to work?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Malion and Lem set to work. Lem dusted everything around the room then began to sweep. Meanwhile, Malion was working on rearrangingthe wood. At first he had thought that this would be a fairly easy job. But when he got into it he realized that wood isn't so easy to handle. It is pointy and if you aren't careful you could get a splinter. This being the case, Malion finished well after Lem. He grinned at Lem, Fast worker. I'll have to remember that. Where'd you learn how to sweep so well? Lem smiled crookedly, I learned it from my Mother. It was always my job to keep the house clean while they were.... His voice trailed off and his eyes seemed to cloud over, Well it was always my job. Malion opened his mouth to press Lem about the unfinished sentence, but decided against it when he saw Lems eyes. Clearly, the boy had some baggage from his past that he hadn't forgotten. Malion turned to Mady, We're all done and half starved. Are you ready to eat?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:45 pm

(OOC, I haven't forgoten the lunch, Mal, I just know that you are really busy these days, so I guess it can wait a little... Let me know what you think)

(ooc: Thanks Mady. I was and am a little busy. But I'm ready to go when you are now. )
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Mady rushed around the bakery, smiling, as Lem was cleaning up and Mal was arranging the wood. She couldn't help but noticing how eager this boy was to help, and lent him a hand once or twice dusting the places he couldn't reach. I wonder how Mal met this kid, I have never seen him around, and he looks like he has been through a lot... she thought to herself.
As the men were doing the hard work, she had time to take the freshly baked bread and the cake from the oven, and marinade 3 juicy steaks with some olive oil and a special mix of herbs and spices. She then ran out to her field and picked some fresh tomatoes to make a salad, waving to Mal struggling with the wood.
By the time the men finished their job, she was trough preparing lunch and setting the table. Ok, you boys go wash your hands, lunch is served. As Mal walks by, she whispers to him Hey Mal, where did you meet that boy?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Malion leads Lem off to wash his hands, he stops when she asks him a question. Go on Lem I'll catch up. He turns to Mady, I found him right outside your door. I 've never seen him before. He's a hard worker though. Lem returns and looks up at Malion questioningly. Malion laughs, I'm coming Lem. They both wash their hands very carefully. Malion helps scrub down Lems because they are so dirty. At one point he scrubbed so much that soap bubbles started flying everywhere. Lems giggles and Malions laughter could be heard from the street if anyone had been passing. They returned to the table with smiling faces and clean hands. Malion takes a deep breath taking in the smell of the food. All of this looks great Mady. Malion waits for Mady and Lem to sit before he does. Shall we begin?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Over the last several days as I tend to my sheep, fetching them water at the rivers edge I have caught the view of a blonde haired man building a boat across the way. Each day I find myself rushing to the river to catch a glimpse of him, I do no know why but I find that I am drawn to this tall masculine figure and his insistence to build a boat rather then a home.

Knowing my own love for the sea, I can only image sailing it one day again. As the boat is erected, I daydream of the many days spend out on the high sea with nothing around but the calm waters and the sun bouncing off the clear water.

As daylight begins to settle down across the sea, my mind wonders my heart is as restless as my soul. As the shadows cast upon the ground, I wonder down the backyard, walking down the path toward the river. I come to my covered bridge as I cross I see the many small fish swimming about in playful mode. I smile to myself as I continue on across. I make my way through the meadow up to the road that leads to the many houses of my friends Silvermane, Trisalene, Patan, Archy, Mady, and Noxelia.

As I pass in front of Mady’s home the wind whips up blowing my hair back and my shoulder strap down. I quickly catch the strap to keep it from falling further.

I pause for a moment bend down to gather a seashell that is peeking through the soft ground when I can hear a man laugh, I look over to her home smiling to myself delighted that Mady has company knowing she is a wonderful host.
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:49 pm

As they prepare to sit down to eat, Mady can't help but noticing Lem's eyes, as he looks at the meal she has prepared. A smile appears to her face, but she also feels sorry for the boy, as she can see that he has been through rough times. She instinctively runs her hand through Lem's hair and softly says I hope you enjoy the meal, son, Jah knows you 've done more than enough to deserve it...
She then turns to Ma. l So, let's all sit down to eat, shall we? I would love to know more about you, over lunch... places you have been, what made you decide to come to GC, how is life treating you in our fair town...
Realizing that she may be prying, she blushes softly and adds ... that is, if you would like to share all this with me... She knows she means well, as her instinct tells her she can see a good friend in Malion, but perhaps he doesn't feel ready to share the story of his life with her.
Feeling a little uncomfortable she turns her head away and looks out the window, to see Babe standing outside the house, picking up something from the ground and observing it. She smiles broadly, runs to the door and opens it, calling to her Babe! Hi, so good to see you! Would you like to come inside? Turning to Mal, she says A good friend of mine, Islandbabe is outside, you don't mind if she joins us, do you? She is a wonderful person, I am sure you 'll like her!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Lem stared at the food almost as if he was expecting it to disappear at any moment. Malion could tell that Lem had learned good table manners from somewhere because Lem did not immediately dig into the food. Lem waited silently until Mady had taken a bite before he took one. Lems eyes widened when he felt Mady's hand in his hair. Fear shined through his eyes. Malion thought the boy might run again so he readied himself. His thoughts were soon proved wrong as Lem slowly returned to eating his food.

More about me? Hmm......He pauses, I don't mind telling you a little of my past. Malion looks at Lem, I suppose you wouldn't mind hearing a little of it would you? He clears his throat to begin his tale when Mady runs to the door. He looks out the window to see why Mady ran to the door. There he see's the prettiest girl he had ever laid eyes on. He stood abruptly, knocking his chair over in the process.

He walks to the door where Mady's beautiful friend stood. Erm sure. I would love it...ahem. I mean, she can join us if she likes. He bows to the lady somewhat awkwardly. Pleased to meet you. Malion nearly trips as he turns around back to his chair. He waits until Babe and Mady had sat in their chairs before he sat in his. He couldn't seem to take his eyes off of Babe.

Meanwhile, Lem continued eating his food quietly. He wasn't sure whether he was happy about the turn of events or worried about them. The lady looked kind enough, but he wasn't so sure. Besides that, he saw Malions reaction to the lady and decided that this new person was a threat. He had enjoyed the attention he had recieved from Malion and he didn't want to lose any of it. So he ate silently.

Malion took his eyes off of Babe long enough to realize that Lem looked unhappy. I should introduce you to a friend of mine. This is Lemuel, or just Lem. Malion smiles at Lem and ruffles his hair. Lem looks up to Malion and smiles then he turns to Babe and nods his head. Nice to meet you.

Malion looks at his own plate then he turns to Babe, Would you like something to eat? There is plenty here. He cuts into his steak and holds a piece up. Do you think this is enough?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:51 pm

As I start to stand I hear a door swing open and a voice ring out though the wind. I turn to see who it is when my eyes reach the light coming from the house. I can see that it is Mady as she calls my name and ask me to come in to meet her company. I smile as I am about to reply I hear something fall within Mady’s home I hesitate then curiously getting the better of me I reply; 'Yes only for a moment to warm my chilled bones, this wind caught me off guard.”

I walk toward Mady’s front door when I catch the view of the masculine man who I have been admiring from afar. I blush slightly at the sight of him I turn to Mady say; “Maybe I should head on home, I do not mean to interfere with your guest.” My heart will not allow me to turn and leave, I find myself within her home standing close to the man. I notice the young boy sitting there with food on his plate; I smile as the gentleman offers me part of his meal. I reply; “Thank you, I am not hungry I just ate and was out for my evening walk.” I smile warmly to him say; “That is more then enough but please continue with your meal.”

“If it not too much bother Mady a spot of hot tea would be good.” As I take a seat I look across at the young man staring in my direction. The gentleman introduces the young lad as his friend Lemuel or just Lem. As Lem says “Nice to meet you“, I can see in his eyes that he seeks the attention of the gentleman. Speaking softly I continue; “It is my pleasure to meet you and what a handsome young man you are Lem.”

I turn to the gentleman sitting next to me, I extend my hand trying to control the shakiness’ and as my voice quivers slightly I say; “I am Islandbabe it is a pleasure to meet you.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:52 pm

As Babe walks through the door and Mal greets her, Mady can't help but noticing the way they look at each other, and hides a smile. Something tells me I did the right thing, inviting her in, she thinks to herself. Upon hearing Babe requesting some tea, she fetches the kettle from the wood stove and pours a cup to her friend, smiling at her, and saying It's a pity that you have already eaten, there is plenty of food to share.
As they sit down to continue their meal, Mady glances at Lem's face, who suddenly doesn't look all that happy. She turns to Babe: Lem here has been helping me clean up the bakery, and as you can see, he did a fine job. Turning to Lem, as he chews his steak, she smiles softly to him and says Lem, you 've been a huge help, and I want you to know that you are always welcome here, I could even let you in some little secrets that make my bread so tasty...
Upon saying this, she wonders if the boy has a place to stay, but decides it's better to ask Mal in private, later.
She then turns to Babe: Mal has recently moved here, Babe, and was about to share his story with me... Would you be interested in hearing it, by any chance?... Grinning to Mal, she adds ... that's if you don't mind sharing your story with Babe, too, Mal...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Malion set down the steak slowly. When she had entered the house he could feel his pulse begin to race. He saw her blush slightly, he thought it was from entering Mady's warm house from the cold outside. He had to pinch himself when she spoke her melodious voice rang through out the room. Malion returns to eating his food at her request, still watching Babe.

Lem had just swallowed the last bit of food on his plate when Babe talked directly to him. His smile brightened and he blushed with her complement. His worry quickly left him as he saw how kind she was. Lem turns to Mady and blush's again when she mentions how much he helped with the bakery. He now had to much attention, he piped up. It wasn't just me. Mal helped too. He runs over to where all the wood was stacked. See this is what he did. He hoped that the attention would now turn to Malion.

Malion smiled at the rambunctious little boy. Ahh but you finished first. He turns his head to Mady, The secret to bread making? Hmm sounds interesting. What do you say Lem? Lem looks pleased that Mady would invite him to her house.

Meanwhile, Malion see's Babe turn to him and introduce herself. He hears a slight quiver in her voice. His heart does a backflip as he realizes that perhaps her blush was because of him and not the cold. He takes her hand in his, not quite sure what to do. Should he shake it or should he kiss it? Deciding to do the latter he brings her hand to his lips and looks into her soft brown eyes. My name is Malion, pleasure to meet you as well. He blush's as he realizes what he had just done. He hurriedly returns to his food.

No I wouldn't mind sharing. He smiles, The more the merrier. He clears his throat again and begins his story.

I was born in Scotland to a well known captain of a ship. I remember as little boy playing on my fathers ship. He used to bring me to the ships wheel and let me "drive" the ship. He taught me how to sail, how to build, and how to act. He paused, I never knew my mother. She died when I was very young. My father worked hard to be both mother and father to me but it just wasn't the same.

When I was old enough I became a regular hand on the boat. I even recieved wages. I began as a cabins boy and by the time I was 20 I became 3rd Lt. When I wasn't on the ship sailing I was on our lake sailing. My father often told me that if I wasn't careful I would end up like him, always sailing somewhere. That was my dream then, to be just like my father. He sighs, I loved my father he was my best friend. I wanted to continue life as it was for forever. But that was not to be.

Shortly after my 21st birthday we set sail for Ireland with some things to trade. We were just Northeast of a town called Preston when a horrible storm hit. It was the worst my father had ever seen in all his years of sailing. We all fought hard to keep the ship afloat but we all realized that the ship would not last long, the storm was simply too strong.

At one point I was trying to fix a rope next the side of the ship when the mast snapped and fell down next to me. I recieved this scar on my face while trying to untangle a man from the rigging. I was flung off the ship and into the ice cold water.

I can still remember the last time I spoke to my father. We were playing a lively game of chess in his cabin. He had just taken one of my rooks when a midshipman reported the storm. I haven't played chess since that fatal day.

After I hit the water I struggled to stay above the crashing waves. I still do not know how I survived that day. I remember waking the next day in the forest just outside of Preston. I was in a small shelter of some sort with a blanket over me. I also found that the cut on my face had been tended to. My first thought was to thank Jah for bringing me to heaven so swiftly. But then a stinging pain hit me all over my body. When I cryed out a man entered the shelter. He was wearing forest green and light brown clothes. He introduced himself to me as Malcom Frederick Elrondo, or simply Mfe. He took care of me for the next few weeks before he left to go down south. He told me that he could never stay in one place too long.

After he left I moved into Preston and bought a farm there. I soon found that I missed the sea and Mfe so I left Preston. He smiles, And that is how I came to Gloucester.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:03 pm

With my hand extended the gentleman takes my hand into his warm masculine hand our eyes meeting for the first time. He kisses my soft hand with his tender lips; I feel my blood race throughout my body. I blush lightly at his gesture and see that he is blushing as well. I smile tilting my head downward as Mady returns with the pot of tea.

As Mady pours me a hot cup of tea, and she takes her seat she continues to tell me about the wonderful job that Malion and Lem did cleaning up. About the time I look round the room Lem speaks up professing it wasn’t all him that Malion did the wood.

I reply; "You did a fantastic job Lem.”

As my words float in the air and Lem points in the direction of the wood showing me all the wood that has been recently neatly stacked. I pick up my cup of tea taking a sip, trying to hide my thoughts about noticing the muscles that are so prevalent on Malion.

I lay the cup gently back into the saucer trying to keep my composure and offer these words; “Ah and what a fine job you both have done.”

With Mady speaking of Malion just moving here and that he was about to tell her his story my curiosity intensifies. I have been watching him for days now; the first time was when he was building his boat then his home. Many times I wanted to offer him shelter but knew it was not proper. Now it has come for me to get to know him, I know I can not pass this chance up.

As my mind races, I smile to Mady reply: “I would be honored!”

I then turn to Malion with my sparkling brown eyes seeking his, say: “If you are comfortable with sharing such information with us, it would be my pleasure and honor to listen.

As Malion starts his story I look back over at Lem then pick up the tea cup taking a small sip. My eyes are drawn back to Malion as I hear his voice crack I look over to him listening to his words and watch his eyes as he continues to tell Mady and me his story. As his words flow across the silent room of his father I can see the anguish that lies deep within him and my heart drops feeling his pain.

Wanting to comfort him, I lay my hand on his arm, he pauses looks down at my hand then over at me. I smile warmly to him then motion for him to continue. As Malion speaks of the rough times I wonder if his father survived and am thankful to Malcolm Frederick Elrondo *Mfe* and I am ecstatic he landed here in Gloucester. I have so many questions but know this is not the time to inquire.

As his words subside I realize my attention has been focused solely on Malion, I turn to Mady see that she is engulf in the story as well and I sashay back in my chair adjusting my position.

I look down at the cup of tea, feeling like time has paused I pick up the cup bring it to my lips holding it there. I become conscious I haven’t drunk any of the tea when the silence is broken.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Mady sees Mal kissing Babe's hand, and can't help but smiling. She has known Babe long enough to understand that she is taken by this man, but now she sees that Mal is totally charmed by her. "Could it be?" she thinks to herself. "Oh well, time will tell..."

Malion then starts talking about his life and how he ended up in GC, and she listens attentively. She hears Mal talking about his father and feels a sharp pain, as she remembers her own mother passing away on the boat that carried them to Ireland. Malion then talks about Mfe and that causes her to smile, as she knows that Mfe is just the type of person to help people in need.

When Malion ends his story, all four of them seem lost in deep thoughts. She suddenly feels she has to be the one to break the silence.

"I am deeply sorry to hear about your father, Mal, and about the hardships you had to overcome... But I am also deeply thankful that you were lucky enough to meet Mfe and that your path led you to GC. I do hope you find peace here, GC has a way of healing the wounds of the past... " She smiles and her voice trails for a brief moment, but then she turns back to him "So, how do you like it here so far?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 pm

Lem sat spellbound through Malions tale. When Malion came to the part about his father, Lem had to wipe his eyes because of the tears that were threatening. Though he had only known his father for a short time, he had loved him. Through the last part of the story, Lem had taken Malion's arm, put it around his shoulders, and had quickly fallen asleep.

As Malion finished his story, he realized how quiet it had gotten in the room. He smiles, Yes the hardships have been difficult, but they've brought me here where I am extremely happy. He squeeze's Lems small shoulder with his hand, then glances at Babe. He notices the shadows have deepened in the room. He looks to Mady, Well we should be going before it gets too late. I hope to see you again sometime. Then turning to Babe, I would also like to see you again sometime. I have a small sail boat. Maybe you'd like to join me sometime? While he waits for her reply, he stands and gently gathers Lem up in his arms.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:06 pm

As Mady words flow across the somber silence my hand shakes slightly as I look in her direction listening. As she ask how he likes it here thus far I turn to Malion to watch his eyes as he responds to her question, I too have wondered the same.

Watching Lem curl up in Malion’s arm I wonder how close the two are and is it the similarities of their lives that have brought them so close. I follow Malion’s eyes as he looks upon the room and I too notice out the window that the suns rays barely peeking behind the hill.

As I reach over bringing the strap of dress off my bicep and back up to my shoulder, Malion ask me if I would like to join him on his small sail boat, my mind races shouting; “oh yes, yes I would.” Contemplating my answer and trying to reframe from showing my emotions I bring the tea cup up hiding the smile that is so prevalent.

I have been admiring this man from afar for quite sometime, I answer: “I see that as a possibility, it has been sometime since I have been sailing.” ….I pause and take a deep breath ….. Still facing him I continue; “It would be nice ….*lowering my head slightly then looking back up at him* .…to get back out on the water.”

As I allow the words to flow gently from my lips my mind surges back to my last adventure on the water. I turn my head away, looking out the window attempting to compose myself then turn back to him. My eyes showing my emotions and I realize my hand is still upon his arm and that I have unconsciously been patting his arm gently. I pull my hand back bringing it to my side Malion gathers up Lem ready to leave, I know that I should be headed home myself.

I ponder over the idea rather I should stay waiting a decent amount of time before heading out or walk with him for it would be safer and give me the time to get to know him a little better along the way.

I then turn to Mady thanking her for a wonderful evening and ask if I may help her clean up. She declines my offer.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Malion smiled when Babe accepted his invitation to go sailing. As he turns to leave he hears Babe ask Mady if she needs any help cleaning up. When Mady declines he turns to Babe and asks her if he could walk her home since it was on the way to his own house. When she accepts, he nearly shouts out with glee but decides that it would be better not to. Instead he opens the door for her to leave and then follows after her.

Malion had a million questions to ask Babe, but he was too shy to ask her any of them. As he walked, he found himself turning to look at her. He tried not to, but he just couldn’t help it. After a while, he chuckled softly, I have a lot of questions to ask you. I just don’t know how or when. If the wind picks up tomorrow, I’ll come by your house. That is if you don’t have something planned for tomorrow. He looked at her hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:07 pm

After hugging Mady g’nite I turn to head to the door I smile awkwardly to him as he motions for me to walk ahead through the door. For I can see that he is a gentleman, however he is standing there with his arms full of Lem, I should have offered to hold the door for him but he seemed to have everything under control.

As we walk down the dusty road in silence I can feel his eyes glancing over at me as I had been doing the same. I try to speak: “um….sigh…um…“ Finally finding the words I say: “I greatly appreciate you taking the time to walk me home, these roads can be a thrive dreadful to manage in the dark.”

As I smile to him, he chuckles softy then I hear his words float from his perfectly shaped lips; “I have a lots of questions to ask you. I just don’t know how or when. If the wind picks up tomorrow, I’ll come by your house. That is if you don’t have something planned for tomorrow.”

Looking into his eyes as he speaks then as his last word drifts from his lips I can see that he awaits my answer and is hopeful that I reply yes I would have the time to go sailing tomorrow.

I tilt my head slightly to the right attempting to look directly at him instead look beyond him for a moment, my heart racing as I remember back to the last time I was sailing and I manage to hold back the tears. I quickly focus back on him I reply; “Yes, I would like to go sailing with you tomorrow, if you don’t mind I shall pack a basket of food and drinks.”

I look away for a moment trying to keep my composure as I turn back to him looking into his gray eyes I ask: “Is there anything in particular that you would like for me to bring and what time my I expect you to arrive in the morning?”

I blush profusely as I know my words scrambled together from me speaking so rapidly.

As we continue to walk and I await his answer I can see my home coming into view with the lantern's lights flickering.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Malion looks into Babe's eyes as she replies to him. A basket of food and drinks? That's a great idea. He smiles briefly, I like most anything, fruit, vegetables, ale, tea....anything. He reddens knowing he may have sounded a little too enthusiastic over the next days outing. He noticed that she seemed to be trying to compose herself, which made him feel better. I will arrive at eight o'clock. If that works for you.He see's what he assumes to be her house rapidly approaching and slows down a little. As they reach her house he pauses and turns completely towards her. He manages a stiff bow with Lem still in his arms. Until tomorrow then. Have a good night. He looks back into her sparkling brown eyes one more time before turning to his own home.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:09 pm

As the flickering lights of the lanterns become clearer I notice his stride has slowed, I slow with his pace. I smile listening to his response to my suggestion of food and drinks. I also notice the redness that has appeared upon his cheeks and that his words flowed as swiftly as mine.

As the full moon cast down upon us and the beginning of the dew forming around us and his hair shimmering and swaying in the light I can‘t seem to stop peeking at him. The light catching the small dew driblets on his masculine body, his eyes sparkling I feel myself drew more into him wanting to know more of him.

Not knowing his full intentions or what lies ahead, but I know I am ready to take this adventure with him tomorrow and shall take each day as it comes.

As the picket fence to my yard comes in sight then to my side I extend my hand over letting it slowly glide across each of the white oak boards as we make our way to the gate. I reach for the white picket oak gate I look over to him once again say; “This is … pause….. He replies: I will arrive at eight o’clock, if that works for you.”

I reply shyly: “Yes, eight o’clock will be just fine and thank you for the escort home.”

Our eyes locked upon one another my heart leaps with excitement of the event that is about to come and my mind rushes with all that I must do before eight o’clock tomorrow.

He bows replies; “Until tomorrow then, have a good night.”

Before entering all the way through the gate I turn reply: “I shall make us a fine feast for the outing tomorrow, shall I bring anything special for Lem? I am hoping that his reply shall consist of Lem being elsewhere then my mind alternates to maybe it would be better for the young lad to join us. My mind races as I stand silently, I am wondering if I should bring something to swim in, towels or anything else. I step further through the gate as I hear him reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond   

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Gloucester and Beyond
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next