Dreaming Big ~ Living Life To The Fullest

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

April Fools Gift

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Narrator...
As the wind bellows across the darken sky Babe stares out the window wondering where Malion might be at this time. Malion has been gone for several days now, as he had adventured into town for supplies. Thus he knows that their baby is due any day now he would be in a great hurry to get back, as to not wanting to miss the the birth of their child. Babe had pleaded with him not to go for the weather was already becoming rather nasty but he insisted that these items they needed to make it through the rest of the winter and that he wouldn't allow his family to go without. He importuned that he would be alright for her not to worry that he'd be back before she knew it.

Babe kisses her husband with such great passion as she felt it deep within her that he'd be gone longer than he was anticipating. She wrapped her arms around him with her huge tummy pressed against his holding him tight. She told him that they could do without this thing that they had plenty in the cellar as a tear slips down her cheek. Malion held her face softly in his hands smiling tenderly to her in a mellowed voice said: I'll be alright honey. With great despair Babe knew he was determined and couldn't stop him so she accepted the fact that he was leaving.

With the days and night passing and no word from her husband, Babe continues to stare out the window as she feels a chill come upon her then she hears the back door open. Her eyes quickly divert toward the kitchen looking for her husband to appear waiting to hear his sweet voice.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scott-estate.forumotion.net
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Thomas steps around the corner of the room carrying a huge bundle of wood. He sees the chafe in Babes eyes he smiles meekly saying; It's me ma'am I have brought in more wood.

Attempting to easy Babe's mind, he smiles tenderly to her taking a moment to place the bundle of wood next to the fireplace. He knew soon the new child would be entering this world so he wouldn't say anything to upset her or to bring on this birth on quicker then necessary. He had delivered many babies himself along with his departed wife. He was assure that if needed he could do so once again if Anna couldn't make it up to the house from her cottage.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Narrator...
He adored children for he and his wife planned to have many thus they didn't for she died of the black plague. Thomas was crashed and vowed to never love another as he did his Lilian. Although he didn't know that when Babe's children came into his life that he would be taken to a new level of love and caring that he thought he only held for his beloved wife. Lilian had a petite statuette, she was a woman with a heart of gold, her succession black hair glistened and her lips wore a perfect natural color of red. Her eyes were as dark as her hair and filled with tenderness.

He knows in his heart and mind that he would do all that was in his power and beyond to help keep this family safe. For he is laden with guilt for not going into town instead of Malion going. As his mind slips back to the here and now he begins to approach Babe to check on her status when there is a knock at the door. He tells Babe to rest that he will answer the door he knows she needn't be exposed to the chill of the night.

Knowing the travel time into town is a days ride thus meaning Malion should have returned by now. As with the weather and the depth of the snow drifts he is sure that he will take extra time to make this trip. Thus it has been five days since he left, he himself is filled with vexation as to the whereabouts of Malion.

Thomas walks to the door opening it carefully trying to block the bellowing wind so it won't touch Babe. He reaches for the brass door handle turning the knob opening the door when he see a man covered in ice and snow. At this moment he knows that there isn't good news to follow. He steps aside allowing the man to step inside the foyer. He could hardly recognize his friend from the horrific condition he was in.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
babe
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
10/200  (10/200)
Health:
10/200  (10/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Babe looks up from her trembling hands, ask...Thomas who is it, is it Malion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Pausing in mid stride speaking tenderly to Babe replying: ' No ma'am it's, it's my dear friend Jacob.

I know mustn't let Babe see Jacob in this state for it would set her off making her worry more about her absent husband. As my mind rushes trying to think of a way to get her out of the room, a sounds rings out cascading down the stairs filling the room with the beautiful sound of a child's cry. I was relieved this was just the reprieve needed in order to get Jacob into the kitchen so he could warm himself.

Out of politeness Thomas ask Babe, do so desired for me to go up stairs to check on the children?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
babe
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
10/200  (10/200)
Health:
10/200  (10/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Babe declined saying that she would go check on her little ones.

Scooting to the end of the sofa then managed to get to her feet after rocking her body several times forward. Her belly was enormous and the baby way laying low, she waddled over to the stairs taking each step slowly and carefully. As she reaches mid way she pauses asking Thomas if he would like her to make them so hot tea and sandwiches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:33 pm

He courteously declined assuring her that he would take care of his friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babe
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
10/200  (10/200)
Health:
10/200  (10/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Thomas there are some fresh clothing in the mudroom, have Jacob change into them I'm sure he's soaked to the bone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Thomas replies; Yes ma'am.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Narrator...

Even with Babes heart filled with sadness she knows she has to carry on for her children and herself plus for the little one she is carrying. Not matter how trying the days had been or how hard she had worked all day on the estate, her children made her smile, filling her heart with warmth of their unconditional love.

Babe had considered mounting her horse going to look for her husband but she knew that wasn't to be for she had been having contractions all day. She also knew this wouldn't be a wise decision on her part so she kept put, praying and waiting for her husband to return.

As Babe reached the top step it squeaks with Jacob hearing it first through the cries that still ring out, he pushes forward trying to get Thomas to move.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Thomas shakes his head saying; No, wait she isn't quite all the way up and could be coming back down any minute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Narrator...
Jacob stands shivering as the ice and snow drip off his wet body as they linger in the foyer. He whispers to Thomas; I'm standing in a puddle here, I don't want to ruin their floor.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:29 pm

......./..

Thomas laughs softly replying; No worries friend I shall take care of it after we get you settled.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:38 pm

Narrator...
Thomas and Jacob stand ready to head to the kitchen waiting to hear the creek of the step one more time. When they hear Babe mellow voice talking to one of her little ones. Thomas saying; Now we can go. They head into the kitchen when Thomas points toward the mud room telling Jacob that there are clothing in there that he can change into.

As Jacob heads to the room Thomas fires up the stove making setting a pot upon it to make tea then he proceeds to the cupboard to gather up the bread. Setting the items on the table he quickly goes out to the back porch to the storage container gathers up some meat and cheese. As he returns he quivers from the fridge wind seeing Jacob standing by the table. Thomas tells Jacob to make himself at home that the tea shall be ready in a few minutes. He moves the meat and cheese onto the cutting board that lays upon the massive wooden table. Without taking a step he reaches over to the drawer sliding it open pulling out a knife.

Jacob begins to speak when Thomas cuts him off, telling him to be careful and to listen for Babe coming. Jacob knobs his head understand what and why he has told him this. The two men take a seat at the table when Thomas says; I know you have come to tell me some bad news for you wouldn't be out this late at night otherwise. Jacob's head drops slightly replying; this is true my friend however I cannot be sure that what I have seen is the one you are searching for.

Thomas knew that the news wouldn't be that he wished to hear and now he has to face the ultimate facts. He makes his friend a sandwich and cuts several slices of the cheese placing them in front of him as they wait for the pot of water to whistle. Thomas keeps an ear out for Babe as he tells Jacob to continue with his findings. Jacobs hands tremble slightly as he brings the sandwich to his lips, he isn't trembling from the chill but rather what he is about to tell his friend.

Jacob: This is not easy for me to bring to you my dear friend as I have said I'm not sure the person we have found is that of whom you are looking for. We have been searching day and night following the roads in and out of town in all directions. Jacob sighs, we then figured a man with any wit would try to find settle along the way. So we decided to scan the woods for any clues of live.... Jacob sets his sandwich down.... We … we … with the snow drifts so deep we took stick pokers with us because we all know there are mines out there that haven't been filled in. We need your help desperately we need to dig further into the ground. We are not sure if this poor soul is still alive I have several men remaining out at the sight. Not to speculate but it looks as though his leg is broken. It could be the way he is laying or the way the snow if covering him. *sigh* I don't know! Thomas you being a man of many talents, we need you!

We have some rope however it's not long enough to reach all the way into the hole. We also need to figure out how to get him out without causing more damage to him, if at all possible.

Thomas holds his hand up having Jacob stop as he hears footsteps, he listen closely and he knows from the sound that Babe is going down the hall to check on her other children. Thomas lowers his hand for Jacob to continue. As Jacob begins to continue with his story the pot on the stove whistles, Thomas stands gathering up the pot while with his other hand grabbing the tea container from the counter. As he sits he tell Jacob to please continue.

Jacob: As you know time is wasting we must head out as soon as possible, we cant afford to wait any longer if this man has any chance of surviving.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Yes my friend first finish your tea and sandwich and this is what we shall do. We will go to the barn gather supplies then head on down to the area to retrieve this man.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:58 pm

........../
Narrator...

Jacob devourers his sandwich and downs the hot tea, he stands moving toward the mud room to put on his original clothing when Thomas stops him telling him to wear the dry clothing that he has on. He then tells him that there are warm wool-leather coats in there for him to find one that fits him as he cleans up the area and the water in the foyer.

As Thomas is finishing cleaning the foyer he hears Babe descending the steps. He moves quickly so she doesn't see the mop and bucket. Just as he has them put away he hears Babe call out for him.
Back to top Go down
babe
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
10/200  (10/200)
Health:
10/200  (10/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 am

Thomas, are you still here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:03 am

Yes ma'am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babe
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
10/200  (10/200)
Health:
10/200  (10/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 am

Oh good, however maybe you should go on home before the weather gets any worse.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
200/200  (200/200)
Health:
200/200  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:10 am

Narrator........

As Babe's words linger she sees Thomas's friend step from the mud room her eyes divert from him back to Thomas. Her facial expression show that she now knows that the gentleman didn't come to visit that he has news and she wants to know what he knows.

Babe tries to keep herself composure as she speaks, her voice cracks as she demands Thomas to tell her exactly what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:15 am

Yes ma'am, however here is the thing we don't know if it's Malion or not we are getting ready to head out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
babe
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
10/200  (10/200)
Health:
10/200  (10/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:17 am

What do you mean you don't know if it's him, where is he what has happened to him. Please tell me!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:19 am

Ma'am Jacob my friend here and several other men have found a man in one of the old mines.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
babe
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
10/200  (10/200)
Health:
10/200  (10/200)

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 am

Babe's body trembles as she ask: Is he alive?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:23 am

I can't say; I don't know, we are headed to the barn getting supplies then headed to the area, as soon as I know anything I will come tell you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Gift   

Back to top Go down

April Fools Gift
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next